Sunday, October 12, 2008

What are Muslims Doing in Frederick MD?

Don't get me wrong. What I mean is just that.

I recently had a need to visit the Frederick Food Bank run by the Frederick Community Action Agency. It was closing time... I almost didn't go because I had barely one minute to get from the C. Burr Artz library to the Food Bank on All Saints St & Market St.

The shelves were virtually empty, pretty depressing actually...

Good Samartian Empty Shelves at FCAA


Good Samartian 003


Good Samartian 002

Shelves look pretty bare there don't they?

OK, upon finding that the Food Bank has even less on hand than they did when I wrote this article about them for Frederick.com:

http://frederick.com/Local_Food_Bank_empty_shelves-a-396.html

I figured that I'd pubicize the plight of the Food Bank and make myself look like a Good Samartian in the process... 2/3 good deed, 1/3 self agrandizment.

Look closely at the 'kind of people' are in the photo below:

Good Samartian 005

Look at the clock!

These Muslim Girls belong to The Women's/ Girls Auxilary of a local Frederick Muslim Community Group

http://alislam.org/

These people intentionally did this anonymously.

They crept in after hours to donate all this food:


Muslim annonymous donation to Frederick Md

If I hadn't been there... and had my camera on me... and had batteries in my camera (I just got it, a web client of mine paid for it, I bartered for the camera - I did a website and he bought me the camera)

NO ONE would've known that these Muslim women went to the extraordinary trouble of doing this amazing act of charity.

I believe that God wanted me to be there, right at that time, to record this.

I almost didn't go, it was too close to closing time, I didn't think I was going to make it in time!


Matthew 6:4

If you're gonna donate to charity, it doesn't count (as much) if you take credit for it.


What ever you previously thought about Islam... this looks pretty Christian to me!

And here's another thing... We're (us, I mean Americans)constantly being told by our media that Muslim's treat their women as second class citizens.

We're told that in Muslim countries, women are relegated to mediocrity, they're allegedly not allowed to make decisions, not allowed to 'make a difference'


Well, it doesn't look that way to me.

Here's another thought...

You cant tell me that what I'm about to say is wrong:

The most Christ Like person of the last thousand years was Mahatma Ghandi

Without a Ghandi, there wouldn't have been a Martin Luther King

There'd never have been a Civil Rights Movement in this country when I was moving into adulthood.

... and Ghandi wasn't even Christian


We have more in common than we do that divides us.


David Bruce
Frederick Web Promotions

http://frederickwebpromotions.com




http://frederickgives.org

No comments: